Digital marketing is constantly evolving, and new terms are constantly being added to the mix. To stay ahead of the curve, it’s essential to familiarise yourself with the latest digital marketing jargon. Here are some of the most important digital marketing terms you need to know.
1. SEO – Search engine optimisation is the process of optimising a website for Google search to earn higher web traffic levels and improve the site’s visibility.
2. SEM – Search engine marketing is the process of using paid advertising to earn higher web traffic levels and improve the visibility of a site.
3. PPC – Pay-per-click is a type of online advertising where advertisers pay a fee every time their ad is clicked.
4. CPM – Cost-per-thousand impressions is a type of online advertising where advertisers pay a fee based on the number of times their ad is seen, regardless of whether it is clicked on.
5. CPC – Cost-per-click is a type of online advertising where advertisers pay a fee based on the number of times their ad is clicked.
6. CPA – Cost-per-action is a type of online advertising where advertisers pay a fee based on the number of people who take the desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
7. CRO – Conversion rate optimisation is the process of optimising a website to increase the percentage of visitors who take the desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
8. A/B Testing – A/B testing is a method of testing two or more versions of a web page or email to see which performs better in terms of conversion rate.
9. Landing Page – A landing page is a web page that is designed to convert visitors into leads or customers.
10. Lead Magnet – A lead magnet is an offer of something valuable, such as an ebook or webinar, that is given in exchange for an individual’s contact information.
11. Analytics – Analytics refers to the data and insights derived from analysis. This can include web analytics, social media analytics and marketing analytics.
12. Banner Ad – A banner ad is a type of display advertising that appears as a banner at the top or bottom of a webpage. Banner ads are typically used to promote a brand or product.
13. Click-Through Rate (CTR) – The click-through rate is the percentage of people who click on a link or ad. It is a key metric for measuring the success of online campaigns.
14. Conversion Rate – The conversion rate is the percentage of people who take the desired action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
15. Cost-Per-Lead (CPL) – Cost-per-lead is a pricing model for online advertising. Advertisers pay each time a user completes a lead generation form, such as a contact form or newsletter signup form. CPL is a key metric for measuring the success of online campaigns.
16. Crawlable – Crawlable means that a website can be crawled and indexed by search engines. It is crucial for SEO because it allows search engines to find and rank your website.
Digital marketing is an ever-evolving industry, and staying up-to-date with the latest terms and trends is essential. By familiarising yourself with the most common digital marketing terms, you can better understand the conversations happening within the industry and the strategies and tactics being used.
Let a reliable digital marketing agency in Berwick take care of your digital presence. The experts at Spectra Digital Marketing will take your brand to the next level with a custom website that will leave visitors begging to do business with you. Contact us to learn more.